Friday, November 20, 2009

Meagan Elisabeth is Here!

Our baby girl is finally here and we are home from the hospital today!

Meagan Elisabeth was born November 18 @ 6:47 PM, weighing 6 lb 14 oz, 19.5 inches long. Everything went really well.

I was becoming impatient the day before so I called my doctor and asked for an induction. He agreed not to wait any longer and the hospital scheduled it for the next day. We were to call the hospital at 7 AM to see if we would be bumped and to get further instructions. Well, after that I started re-cleaning my house and contractions began on their own. They continued all night, about 8-12 minutes apart, but we still managed to get some sleep. We headed to the hospital and were immediately told we would be bumped until I told them I was already in labour. They induced me anyway since things were not moving too quickly and the doctor decided it was eviction day. After labouring all day, things started moving very quickly at around 5 PM, and I was in the delivery room sometime between 6 and 6:30, and very quickly, Meagan was here.

Because she was pushed out so quickly, she did swallow some amniotic fluid and managed to get some stuck in her nasal passages. The first night, she threw up a few times (the amniotic fluid) which the doctor was happy about, but he wasn't happy that she was still snorting and grunting because she was having trouble with her nose. So we ended up staying until today, and I was very thankful to be discharged and am home now!

We are both doing really well and trying to rest a bit before the 3-year-old monster returns tomorrow. Baptism will probably be a few weeks away but I'll keep the family and friends posted.

Here are a couple pictures borrowed from my sister. I still have to go through our camera and upload them, which I'll try to do this week.



Our family of 4:

3 comments:

cathy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

I really like her name! You take care, and enjoy your family of four!

Mrs. Merriman said...

Congrats!!! 100% cutie :)

Take it easy and love up that baby!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! Glad to hear everything went well! Enjoy!

Laura