Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Meagan - 1 week old

Well it's been a week since Meagan entered the world and changed our lives. Life has been full of adjusting this week, adjusting to being a family of 4, dealing with baby stuff everywhere, changing diapers oh so frequently, getting used to feeding a hungry baby all night... oh, and trying to go anywhere takes a good 15 minutes longer to get ready so I've been consistently late for everything. Kaitlyn is also adjusting to being a big sister and for the most part does well. Unfortunately she also has a cold making her a little irritable and a little more difficult to deal with. I was nursing Meagan the other day and Kaitlyn climbed up beside me on the couch, was stroking her head and said "I like her". Moments like that make up for the temper tantrums when we're not paying enough attention to her.

Meagan had her first doctor's appointment today and is very healthy. Her weight is now 7 lb 2 oz, up 4 oz from her birth weight and up 10 oz from her weight when we left the hospital. The doctor was pleased and surprised she had exceeded her birth weight but I let him know, she eats ALL THE TIME! There have been a couple nights where it is pretty much every hour, and a few nights where it's been every 3 hours, but I feel like my new purpose in life is being a milk factory. The doctor was very pleased with her colour - she is still mostly a bright red on parts of her body which will fade with time, but is a sign of being healthy which is good!

Today we don't have too much planned so I'm hoping to get some laundry done and I promised Kaitlyn we would go out and buy her a new colouring book. Pastor I. is coming out to visit us tonight and we will firm up the baptism date (most likely first Sunday in December). The church is taking good care of us with meals for a couple weeks which I am very thankful for. By the time dinnertime hits, I am finished and am thankful I don't have to worry what's for dinner every night!

Alright - off to feed my girls breakfast!

0 comments: