Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Things that matter...

Yes, the Canucks lost tonight. But while Ryan was starting to watch the game, I was off to Kaitlyn's preschool for a special "Memories with Mom" evening.

It was great. I was determined to let Kaitlyn know the evening was about her and me so I left Meagan with Ryan. I really think I needed to do that since she must feel constantly overshadowed by her sister, especially after a day like yesterday where Meagan screamed for about 3 hours straight due to teething and constipation pain.

We made necklaces, decorated cookies, played with play-doh and had a snack and tea together. And the class sang some cute songs to the mommies.

The most memorable moment of the evening for me was when they presented their moms with the cards they made. It brought a little tear to my eye when Kaitlyn explained in 3 year-old words and phrases almost exactly what it said on the back of the card. And then gave me a great big hug :)


1 comments:

Beth said...

That is so sweet! And what an awesome thing for the school to do. I bet Kaitlyn loved it. One on one time is so important. But then again, the last time I asked William if he wanted to go to the park, just him and me, he insisted that Seth come, too. It made me glad and sad all at the same time!