Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Meagan - 6 months

Meagan turned 6 months yesterday. Hard to believe - time is just flying by! Today was her 6 month doctor appointment and Dr D was very happy with her and called her the "perfect Gerber baby". He says she is ahead on almost all her milestones (rolling around, very alert, following objects and people very well, very vocal, etc). She is around 50th percentile on all marks: 15.63 lb, 25.6 inches long, 16.73 inches head circumference. He was very impressed with how well she interacts, follows objects, and studies faces. He's not concerned about the strike on all bottles, but suggests we try to have others give her one and see if that works, and to keep trying. It sure would be nice not to be paged to the nursery every Sunday, or even to have a lengthy date one night! Next is solids and we've gradually started with some rice cereal over the last week, and now we can start introducing more and more. More fun adventures!

2 comments:

Doulanic said...

She sure is a cutie Teresa!!
Sounds like things are going just swimmingly! (well, except I get your point about wanting to not be called out of church or being able to go on a date!). I do hope that other moms who have babies younger than yours can read this and realize that the newborn - 6 months stage doesn't last forever and that eventually, they get easier! Cheers!

Teresa said...

I wouldn't say swimmingly - we have our nights where she still wakes up multiple times, but we're getting better at finding the culprit (last night was due to Huggies diapers which are lousy for nighttime for her). Can I say that I am proud of nursing exclusively for the first 6 months? I never thought I would be able to do it but had a baby who didn't give me a choice, and I'm glad she didn't :)