Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tomato Sherry Chicken and Tangy Roasted Veggies



Last night I cooked an extra special dinner for Ryan and I and we had a date night in - sort of. Between one kid going through a growth spurt and the other with a fever, it wasn't too romantic, but we did have an excellent meal. Ryan said after the meal that it was by far the best thing I have ever cooked for him. Both recipes were from the Company's Coming Low-Fat Cooking cookbook (but was also able to find the main dish recipe online). I know if I pick a recipe from a Company's Coming book, it will always turn out the way it is supposed and I liked the fact that I knew how many calories and how much fat we were eating. In the main dish, Tomato Sherry Chicken, I did substitute white wine instead of the sherry since I wasn't sure if I would react to the sherry since I have an allergy to red wine, and besides, white wine was in the house. I also substituted green onions in place of the shallots since our grocery store didn't have any shallots. Both recipes were soooo good. The sundried tomatoes and white wine created an excellent sauce together for the chicken, and the balsamic vinegar on the Tangy Roasted Veggies really added taste to the vegetable dish.

Instead of a movie (or watching episodes of Lost as we usually do), we watched the 2010 Opening Ceremonies - it was a pretty good show! I'm sure date nights will improve once Meagan takes a bottle again, but for now, it will do.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Mmmm, the veggies recipe looks really great! Maybe I'll try it this weekend. I'm late with this week's meal plan. The snow here has messed everything up!

Teresa said...

They were really good. And I'm pretty sure it says to use yellow and red peppers for color purposes only but green peppers are so much cheaper up here, I'll probably just use green ones next time.