Monday, February 01, 2010

Meal Planning Monday

So meal planning last week was mostly a success. I didn't make nearly as many trips to the grocery store as I used to, and it was great not to have the panic every day of what to make for dinner. The end of the week was a bit of a bust and I was forced to go to the store, but this was mainly due to the fact that Ryan was working extra shifts and taking leftover dinner in his lunch, hence no shepherd's pie using leftover meatloaf.

Here is the meal plan for this week. I've extended it to include next Monday as well since I won't be able to do my shopping until Tuesday when Kaitlyn is in preschool. Yes, yes, I could do it Monday but let's just say, it's much easier doing the shopping with just one child who will most likely sleep for the entire trip :)

Monday: Weight Watchers frozen meal for me, leftovers for Ryan and mac & cheese for Kaitlyn (Ryan is working another double)

Tuesday: Chicken fajitas

Wednesday: Chick pea and tomato pasta (new recipe I'm trying out)

Thursday: Beef barley soup (another new recipe, this one in the slow cooker), bread

Friday: Sauced salmon, salad, rice

Saturday: Oven steak and vegetables

Sunday: Fiesta rice (our own super easy recipe for Sunday dinner)

Monday: Seafood tomato alfredo

As you can see, I'm also trying to keep it relatively healthy. I made the mistake of reading the fat content in the meatloaf before eating it this week - yikes! This time I'm reading the nutritional info before planning my week!

0 comments: