Monday, March 12, 2007

All the Kiddos are Sleeping!!!

Well, I actually have time to post on a Monday for once because all the girls are sleeping. Woo hoo! I just moved Elayna to Becca and Brad's bed because I did not want to risk her waking up when Kaitlyn wakes up.

Poor Kaitlyn is having a miserable time with her teeth popping through today. She just starts crying, screaming actually, when she's standing or sitting there - no one around her, nothing hurting her, and she just starts up. I just gave her some tylenol before her nap so hopefully that helps her a little.

I should preface this next story by first saying I do enjoy watching the girls 2 days a week. They are very loving towards Kaitlyn and it really makes me glad we moved to this end of the valley. She knows her cousins and loves them which is such a great gift to give her. Seeing her play with Chantel is such a treat. Chantel makes her pretend coffee, says "Here Kaitlyn, drink your coffee", hands the cup to Kaitlyn and Kaitlyn drinks the pretend coffee. It is priceless. Elayna loves Kaitlyn too much sometimes and I do have to tell her quite often to "get out of Kaitlyn's face" as she loves to get nose to nose with her and laugh hysterically at her.

Now what happened this morning... I hope Rebecca is busy enough that she's not checking this from work today so she hears it from me first, but I had to intervene before Elayna gave herself a haircut today. I was talking to Andrea on the phone and thought "hmm, those girls are being awful quiet in their room" and then I saw the bathroom door open. Never a good sign on a good day as they are always trying to fill up their toy cups with water when I'm not paying enough attention. Well, I walk in there, still talking to Andrea, and Elayna is up on the counter, medicine cabinet open, pair of real scissors in hand, holding her hair with the other hand and I practically drop the phone. "I just wanted to cut my bangs" she says all innocent. Well, needless to say, the bathroom door is now locked and I am taking Elayna to pee every 2 hours instead of leaving the bathroom accessible for her. I would rather risk an accident than a haircut. Anyways, back to my few minutes of silence before the party begins again. Have a great week everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be thankful you didn't walk in 4 minutes later!!!
Yvonne