Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Baby is 6 Months Old Today!

Is it OK to be sad about this? Ryan and I were discussing it last night. It seems like the first 3 months dragged on (and on and on) and the last 3 months have flown by. The first 3 months were continuous crying, struggles with breast feeding, gripe water, more crying, 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period (for me) and did I mention crying? The last 3 months have been smiles, giggles, rolling over, playing with toys, saying "da da da" (no "ma ma ma" but we're working on it), even her first tooth, and for the last week, sleeping 12 hours at night (for her, 8 for me which I thought would never happen again). And hitting the 6 month mark also reminds me I have to return to work in less than 6 months. My year of stay at home mom status is more than half over! Life will sure be different once again. Anyway, enough feeling sad for myself - HAPPY 6 MONTH BIRTHDAY KAITLYN (at 8:15 PM PST exactly)!

1 comments:

AmberW said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful baby girl!! Teresa- all those feelings are so normal, and especially because you had such a rough go of it to start off. I hope you guys have a wonderful day - and let me know how the appt. goes!