Monday, November 27, 2006

I Stand Corrected...

Apparently we were not hit the hardest in the valley with snow. Seems if we had stayed in Surrey, we probably would need more digging out than we do here. And Ryan and Colin opened up the chimney access panel after being given the go-ahead from the landlord - seems it's not a furry animal making all the noise, there are 2 birds. One dead, one alive. Lovely. The landlord said he would be coming by tomorrow to figure out what happens next. The dead one has been dead for sometime so it shouldn't pose any immediate health hazards. All the same, I'll feel better once they're both gone and the chimney is cleaned out.

Update: The birds are gone! Ryan was sick and tired of hearing the bird flap around from the chimney to the exhaust fan so he trapped it inside the pipe, clamped both sides, and let it fly away outside. Both bird and husband are doing fine. I kept saying he was insane for doing this on his own and his only reply was "I'm not insane, I'm a guy." I'm just glad the bird is gone.

1 comments:

cathy said...

Oh, I am so glad the birds are gone! How creepy lol.

And yes, this snow fall is CRAZY!!!!!