Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Update

Not too much to report on around here... I am now selling AVON as you might notice from the sidebar. I'm working hard on my first campaign and trying to let people in Chilliwack know I'm selling. My Facebook group currently has 29 followers and my goal is 50, hopefully by my third campaign. So if you need anything (or just a brochure), let me know!

Ryan is working hard on his own business as well and is busy, busy. He has 3 lawn contracts so far, a job ripping out a hot tub today, and a landscaping contract later this week. He loves working outdoors and being his own boss, but for now it's just a way of making some extra money to make ends meet.

The girls are doing really well. Meagan is over her strep throat but grew accustomed to getting extra snuggles at night so she still wakes up 1-3 times per night. We're going to slowly start introducing some foods to her, which I'm not thinking will help initially, but hopefully sooner rather than later. It just seems like she's always hungry and not getting enough from me anymore. But maybe that's just me worrying too much??

Kaitlyn's preschool year is almost over and the summer will be a struggle with trying to keep her entertained. She knows her birthday is just around the corner (May 21st) and usually her first question in the morning is "Am I 4 NOW Mom?" She is turning into an easier child, slowly, day by day. One book I cannot recommend highly enough is "1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12" from Dr. Phelan (amazon). We have never really agreed with spanking and although it took some time and sticking with it, rarely do we have to reach 3 before Kaitlyn listens and responds. I think the last timeout she received was 2 weeks ago :)

Obviously meal planning and weight loss are still on the backburner here. Honestly, I just don't have the energy for either right now, but plan to as soon as I start getting some better night rest.

1 comments:

Doulanic said...

I truly hope your Avon business takes off! How interesting to have 2 De cousins doing Avon now!

Hopefully Meagan starts sleeping a bit better for you .... but don't forget that solids likely won't help her sleep better.