Friday, April 02, 2010

Night 1 Results

So I didn't follow through on everything on my list. The noise machine was out of batteries and we didn't have any extras. I want to hold off on teething tablets unless I know it's teething.

But what I did do was: tucked her in tight with an extra blanket on top, plus turned up the heat a degree; put something of mine in the crib with her; put a flannel blanket in her hand which she loved; nursed from both sides when I did feed her and changed her diaper each time she woke up. The results? 3 wake-ups. A definite improvement over the 6+ that we've been struggling with for about a week. So today I'll have to get some batteries and I will buy the teething tablets, just in case.

And thanks for your comments yesterday. Nicole, I love Dr. Sears and his parenting approaches. I have The Baby Book, The Baby Sleep Book, and I read plenty of his articles when I have the time. And I still cringe whenever I complain to someone about her sleeping habits and they tell me it's time to let her cry it out. Sorry, I'm just not doing it.

Cecile, we do have a whole stack of sleep sacks (coming from a Dutch family myself) and I will be trying that as well this week. The last time I tried she got really mad, but now that she's moving a lot, maybe it will help keep her a little more still.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone and hoping for progression instead of regression in the coming week! At least I feel better about being proactive about it now :)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Teresa, I'm glad that last night was a bit better! I've never heard of the noise machine with a sensor, but OMG, that seems like it would be so great. We used teething tablets with Sadie, and they worked wonders. I hope that you get continued success and more rest.