Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Excuses... Reasons... Real life...

The reason for the quick depreciation in posting? I have excuses. I have reasons. But mostly, it's just real life.

First, meal planning Mondays. It hasn't happened in a few weeks but I did make a point of it this week because I miss it. I miss being organized when Ryan walks in the door and not having to pack up Meagan (she's a real Mommy's girl and it's just easier to take her with than hear she cried the entire time I was gone) and head to the grocery store. But I did have a change of heart this morning, which still backfired on me.

I made my meal plan, I made my grocery list, and then last night had another lousy night of sleep. I'm starting to refuse certain feeds at night if it's been less than 3 hours between feeds, but Meagan still wakes up and I have to get up and put her soother back in. I no longer know what deep sleep is like. I nap all night but at least I'm getting some sleep.

So after a doctor's appointment this morning and dropping Kaitlyn off at school, I decided to visit my parents for lunch. Backfire. Mom was out and Dad was with a client. With a sigh and a shrug, I headed out the door and realized I still had my detailed grocery list in my purse. So I headed to Superstore and it really wasn't that bad. It wasn't too busy and I managed to motor through the store rather quickly with a sleeping baby. And now I have a fridge and cupboard full of groceries which I'm happy about.

And weight loss? I'm stalled. Probably due to lack of energy due to lack of sleep but at least I'm not gaining. I've cheated here and there with snack foods and easy meals but this week we are back on track. Snacking at night is still a weakness for me and celery and ranch dip were no longer appealing to me. So I found a couple new recipes for dips and blended them up for snacking tonight. After I bake some whole grain tortilla chips, I should be good to go and at least not feel too guilty while doing it.

Anyway, real life is calling in the form of a crying 4 month old...

0 comments: