Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year's!

It's New Year's morning and I'm enjoying my first coffee of the year while Kaitlyn watches some kids cartoons and Meagan is dozing in her swing. Ryan is still fast asleep and that's just fine considering he stayed up until 2 with Meagan while I went to bed and only had to get up with her once last night. Great way to start the new year with some decent sleep!

We were pretty mellow last night. We had a few invites to go places but I was glad we didn't book a babysitter and commit to anything in the end as Kaitlyn wasn't feeling too well and we probably would have cancelled any plans we ended up making. Instead we had a quiet night with just us, some great snack food, and catching up on Lost (we're currently almost done Season 3). It was very nice to do the countdown and then crawl into my bed and fall asleep right away :)

2009 was very good to us - we started the year with a wonderful, relaxing cruise. Then on the day we buried my grandmother, I took a pregnancy test and found out new life was beginning. Ryan received a promotion at work with better family hours. Kaitlyn turned 3 and started preschool, was potty-trained, has a full vocabulary, and graduated to a toddler bed. In October I started maternity leave and in November, Meagan Elisabeth entered our family.

From our family to yours, have a wonderful, blessed 2010!

0 comments: