Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Opening stockings in front of our new fireplace:


Christmas morning at our place. Her favourite gift was a tie between her flashlight:


And Barbie Cinderella:


Our favourite present this year (sorry it's not a great shot):


Sorry didn't take many shots, but here is one from my parents':


Opening gifts at my parents':


Opening gifts at the Smiths:


Chris and Sam at the Smiths:


Christmas has come and gone - and gone quickly! One thing I discovered this year is holidays are definitely a lot different when you have a newborn, especially a nursing one.

On Christmas Day, I woke up with a lot of pain and was afraid I would end up at the walk-in or emergency, but thankfully with the help of my many baby books, I was able to "unclog" the problem. Definitely not a problem I hope to have reoccur! Unfortunately we missed church but I was able to catch up on some sleep and we had a quiet morning with the girls opening a few gifts. We also were able to enjoy our new electric fireplace which was our gift to each other this year - our first fireplace ever - we love it!

Christmas evening we spent at my parents' with the family and it was a little crazy, but there was no formal dinner which made it a little more relaxed. I missed quite a bit of the festivities and gift openings as I was feeding Meagan and then had to deal with a huge diaper mess which took about 1/2 hour to clean up. Not fun.

Sunday we headed out to White Rock for Christmas with the Smiths. Kaitlyn really enjoyed it and the family get-together should have been called the Kaitlyn show, although Meagan got her fair share of attention too.

Ryan is back to work after Christmas but has a long weekend again this weekend which is so nice. Hopefully we will get everything organized and the downstairs ready for the kids playroom. Looks like we've lined up some free furniture from Ryan's co-worker, just have to find out how to get it here and we will be set.

I am off to have another cup of coffee. And watching the snow fall :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and the Lord's blessings to you in 2010!

0 comments: