Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kaitlyn's Christmas Program

Kaitlyn's preschool put on a short Christmas program this week. The teacher sent home the songs with the kids a few weeks ago and everytime I would try to get Kaitlyn to practice, she would shush me and tell me not to sing. So I really hoped they were learning at school, because she was not learning at home. They had rehearsal in the morning and I stayed and watched - Kaitlyn knew most of the songs but was at first bewildered by the kid singing behind her - that kid just yelled the words and did not sing, and for the first while Kaitlyn just turned around and stared at him.

At the program itself, she had a hard time letting me leave and sit down and wanted to sit with us, she kept saying. So I was a little afraid she wouldn't sing at all and would have some stage fright. So the kids went up there and were each given a jingle bell, and I realized I forgot to tell her teacher Kaitlyn already told me at home she wanted a red bell and not a green one. Too late. She got a green one. For the first few songs, she looked very ripped off and about to cry. But then she started to sing and do all the actions - it was such a relief, but for the first few songs I had a really hard time just sitting there and knowing why she was upset and not doing anything about it. But I didn't want to be "that parent" who ran up there, grabbed a red jingle bell out of another kid's hands and gave it to my kid. But I was tempted...

Anyway, it was a great evening for the kids, and a success in the end :) Sorry the photos are not the best, but the lighting wasn't great in there.

Kaitlyn walking in:


The kids singing:

0 comments: