Friday, October 30, 2009

Dr's Appointment & Kaitlyn's Preschool Party

Today was Kaitlyn's Harvest party at school. She had a great time, even though I had to wake her up to get going (and it didn't start until 10!). I've often wondered how late she would sleep in if I let her, and it turns out she's just like her Mom and would sleep in everyday :) She was able to dress up as a fairy, play games with her friends, pop balloons, have cupcakes and hotdogs for lunch, and was so proud to have me along - it was really a great morning.

I had my 38 week doctor's appointment and the doctor has a few concerns. My strep B test came back positive, which is not usually a big deal, but because of my penicillin allergy, I will have to alert the staff right away when I come in and let them know Dr. D.'s recommendation for an alternate medication (that is, if things start on their own, which we're both a little doubtful). Second, I had a 2 pound weight loss, which I attribute to being off work and making a conscious effort of trying to keep off my feet after my last 5 pound weight gain. But Dr. D. is a little concerned considering the small size of the baby, plus a weight loss, plus my history with Kaitlyn where the placenta stopped working sometime before birth as well. So I am off for an "urgent" ultrasound next week to do some measurements and make sure my placenta is still doing its job. So a lot of info to digest today, but I'm thankful for having a concerned doctor who takes my concerns to heart as well.

Here are some pics from today:

Kaitlyn playing basketball:


Playing bean bag toss (she rather enjoyed it when there were other kids inside as targets...):


With the other 3 year olds:


Waving her magic wand:


Eating lunch:

0 comments: