Thursday, September 09, 2010

Sleep Deprivation

So Meagan's sleep was getting a lot better. She wasn't even nursing at night, just woke up for a few minutes and then back to sleep with a little rocking. Then it started to get worse. And worse. So I started to suspect teething or even an ear infection? But then it got a little better so I avoided the doctor appointment. Yesterday she was fevered and Miserable. Yes, with a capital M. She just wanted to snuggle and sit in my lap but as soon as I put her down, she would scream. So off to the walk-in we went. Ear infection and either tonsilitis or strep throat. The doctor told me to piggy-back Advil and Tylenol which we've been doing and wow - 2 doses of penicillin and some pain medication - and she sleeps from 9-4, back in bed at 4:10, sleeps until 6 (right when the Advil is wearing off so I give her another dose), and sleeps until almost 9! Suffice it to say, I am feeling much better after finally getting a decent night's sleep.

We did meal plan, but started it earlier than planned when we realized it was no-tax day on Saturday at Superstore. What a zoo though! Between renovations and living in a town with mostly cheap Dutch families (we are included in that), the place was crazy. Thankfully Ryan was with me and took care of pushing the cart and managing the girls while I swiftly went through my list and threw things in the cart. We actually managed to draft a meal plan with almost two weeks' worth of meals on it, so besides dairy and some produce, we don't even have to really shop much for the next while which is nice.

As for other happenings ... not much. I had a record breaking AVON campaign last week (record breaking for me that is). Definitely my best ever and I somehow manage to get new customers each time. My district manager says it will only get busier as we get closer to Christmas so I'm looking forward to it. I definitely enjoy doing it - meeting new people, helping them choose the right product, trying out products, getting my stuff for next to nothing. I get excited when the boxes show up and it's time for me to sort through everything. A couple of my clients have already expressed concern about when I return to work, but if it does become too much for me, I'm sure I could find a helper if needed.

Well that's it from us here. Sorry, no photos - I'll work on that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had one of those too...lots of ear infections, surgeries to put tubes in, then surgery to take tubes out...never ending. But now he is our healthiest :-)

Cecile

Andrea DV said...

i'd definitely volunteer to help you out when you return to work :)
I'm happy for you that it's working out so well!