Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Grocery Shopping

Got around to my big shopping trip at Superstore today. Spent $77 (so add that to the chicken I bought the other day and I am still under $100/wk for groceries again). Our grocery store is a bit of a nightmare right now since they are renovating and moving everything around. Which is a pain when you are looking for specific beans for vegetarian chili, find the bean aisle, can't find the ones you're looking for so you settle for a substitute, and then 3 aisles later find the ones you were originally looking for.

But the wonderful thing about Superstore besides prices is both girls will sit in the shopping cart and last almost the entire trip. I start my shopping and try to get as many items as I can before one of the girls starts fussing (usually Kaitlyn) and then we head to the bakery. Kaitlyn gets a cookie from the bakery (free) and Meagan gets a Mum Mum cracker (from my purse). We continue shopping. Usually when I am on my last 2 or 3 items, Meagan is done and fussing off and on and then promptly falls asleep on the way home.

Today she transferred beautifully into her crib once we got home and slept for about 3 hours and Kaitlyn has been painting ever since we got home (with small lunch and bathroom breaks here and there).

All in all, it's been a successful day - I like those :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay for successful shopping trips! Our Target is under renovation and I'd just assume go to a Target further away! LOL. As for shopping with both kids, the boys are usually really good when we shop, and I don't mind taking them with me. They will alternate riding in the cart, riding in the car in front of the cart, and walking around, but they usually manage to stay out of trouble. Definitely makes things easier!

Anonymous said...

...nightmare at Superstore is right! I was there today shopping along with many other confused people :-)

Cecile