Sunday, February 01, 2009

Mini Report

Not much new to report around here. Kaitlyn had an ear infection and we put her on amoxicillin right away. About 5 days in, I noticed a rash but thought it was due to the dry weather and put moisturizer on her. The next day, she woke up saying "so itchy" and scratching like crazy. I took off her pjs and she had a red violent rash all over her body, and she was scratching so hard, her arm and torso were bleeding. I right away took her off the amoxicillin and took her to the dr who confirmed it was most likely a drug allergic reaction, especially considering I am allergic as well. Great. So most-probably an allergy to penicillin, possibly an allergy to zithromax - what is this poor kid going to get when she has her next ear infection? Plus the dr didn't think her ear infection was quite cleared up but told me to follow up in 2 weeks. Well, hopefully it clears up or she is going to be in pain for another 2 weeks.

We are still waiting to hear back from sheriffs and the wait is awful. There is nothing to do but wait. Before Ryan could look forward to the next interview or work on his reference list - now there is nothing but waiting. They said 2-3 weeks and on Thursday it will be 3 weeks.

As for me, I'm trying to cross things off my to-do list. I finally bought our friends/neighbours some beautiful flowers and wrote up a thank you card for watching our house while we were away. Kaitlyn finally had her 2-year pictures done (I will post once we get them back - here's a sneak peak from Andrea: Picture). I managed to get some filing done in anticipation of yet another tax season. I'm slowly getting 3T clothes for Kaitlyn, mostly by visiting consignment every Saturday and getting a shirt here, a pair of pants there. I also have an appointment with consignment in March to go through Kaitlyn's old spring and summer and try to pay for next season's wardrobe.

Other than that, life is continuing. And because I don't have enough to do, while typing this I managed to lose my cup of coffee all over the laminate and now have to wash the floor. Oh the joys...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.