Saturday, February 21, 2009

Up too early...

Well it's Saturday and we've been up since about 6:45 - much too early in my opinion. Kaitlyn did not sleep well and woke up at least 3 times, and woke up for good at 6:45 which means we're all up. Ryan has to work anyway, so he is already out the door. Kaitlyn is happy watching Dora and doesn't seem like there's anything really wrong with her. Just an off-night I suppose...

Ryan finally received a call from the sheriffs. They confirmed the dates for the course have been pushed back again - now to August - and now they want updated information (crim record check, resume, etc). So we still don't have an answer and the wait is being dragged out some more. In the meantime, he'll be applying for some supervisor positions at work so hopefully that works out in the meantime.

My grandmother (Dad's mom) seems to be nearing her end here on earth. We received an email stating it was doubtful she would make it through the night on Wednesday. Well, it's now Saturday and she's still hanging on. She's not eating and we're praying things proceed quickly at this point so she can see her Heavenly Father soon.

Other than that, only other thing to share was my "fun" drive home from the grocery store yesterday. Heard a loud "twang" from under the hood and then a lot of thumping. I pulled over right away and tried to call Ryan and then my brother-in-law who is a mechanic and couldn't reach either of them. I was only 4 blocks from home so I drove the last 4 blocks - hopefully that doesn't prove to be a fatal mistake! It was still running, very noisily, when I pulled in at home. Ryan took a look and one of the belts snapped. As far as timing, well vehicle repairs are never in the budget, but at least there's no urgency for a vehicle since I don't go back to work until Thursday. Hopefully we can have it fixed by then!

Tuesday night we are off to Vancouver overnight to see Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley which should be a good show. It will be a nice mini-holiday. Kaitlyn is staying with my Mom and Dad and I'm sure she'll have a good time.

Alright, off to my second cup of coffee :) Here are a couple new pictures of our "little" girl.

Kaitlyn walking in my high heels:



and crashing on Sunday. I left her with a cup of juice watching Dora and found her like this 15 minutes later:

0 comments: