Friday, September 07, 2007

My Daredevil

Yes, Kaitlyn is quite the daredevil. She will climb up and onto everything. Ryan was surprised the other day when he was in the kitchen, turned around and Kaitlyn was right there looking at him at eye level. She had moved a chair into the kitchen and climbed on top of it. She is constantly climbing on top of the coffee table and since we don't keep anything on it, we find the easiest solution is to just flip it over most of the time. She also likes to climb up on the couches and either jump up and down or hide behind the cushions. Her newest thing which really scares me is climbing onto the baby gate - on the other side of the baby gate is a very steep, very long flight of stairs so we have to be really careful with keeping an eye on her at all times. She hasn't figured out climbing out of the crib yet but I give her a month. According to Ryan's mom, Ryan was a real climber as well at Kaitlyn's age so apparently it's hereditary. I think Mom said Ryan was crawling out of his crib at 18 months already?

Here are some pics of our daredevil daughter. She would go down the waterslide on her own if I let her (not that I would).





2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm glad to know that Karina isn't the only daredevil(or animal as I call her!!) .... that's life with kids I suppose!

Rebecca said...

maybe she's learning from Chantel? Guess you'll be needing sleep sacks this winter!