Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update On Us

Well, since our cruise we've all been hit with a bit of a cold virus. Kaitlyn had it pretty bad for a few days and was running a temperature of about 39 so I took her in to see the doctor to make sure she didn't have another ear infection. (I was also forced to call in sick to work on Thursday when I realized she had a fever. I was not expecting to get sick days already but my manager said I do qualify already which was nice.) The doctor did not see any evidence of an ear infection on Thursday. Friday and Saturday night Kaitlyn woke up multiple times screaming. Finally Monday after work I took her into the walk-in clinic to check her ears again and she indeed has another double ear infection. Because the amoxicillin took quite a while to work last time, the doctor prescribed a different antibiotic which is much stronger and is only a 3-day round. Of course the doctor mentioned the word "tubes" again which scares me but since she has had about 7 ear infections and is not even a year old, is really not that surprising. Other than that, she has adjusted so well to daycare with Krista and loves going there. Krista's 2-year-old, Parker, came running up to her this morning when I dropped her off and gave her a big hug so I think everyone is enjoying the arrangements.

Work is going well. I'm still doing my online training and usually spend at least half a day in court to watch the clerk. Some days are interesting, some days it's hard to keep your eyes open because the cases are so boring. All in all, they seem happy with me and say that I am catching on quickly and am intelligent (it's always nice to be called intelligent!).

Ryan is working like crazy but hopefully it will slow down a little bit as some days I hardly see him at all. But he loves to be busy! He also wants to start carpet cleaning again on the side but before that can happen, it's my job to find liability insurance for him.

Last week we also welcomed a new niece into the family - Alyssa Marie Aikema. She's a beautiful girl - check out Katrina's Blog and Andrea's Blog for some pictures. Rebecca and family are all doing well and baptism will be on Sunday.

And of course we move in 2 weeks! We're so excited and cannot wait to get out of the old house we are living in. Sometimes it seems like we're always sick and seeing the mould on the inside of the bathroom walls makes you want to leave asap. I'm in love with our new house and cannot wait to move in!

Well, that's it for now. Sorry I've been so bad at keeping in touch with a lot of you. Until we're moved, I expect I won't have much time but hopefully things will slow down soon and I'll adjust to our new pace of life.

0 comments: