Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Back to Work After Our Cruise

Well, I am back to work after having a fabulous time on our little cruise to Oregon and back. Kaitlyn did beautifully (if I believe everything my sister and brother-in-law tell me) while I was away and even slept through the night 2 nights out of 3. She was a little whiney the first day when she realized I abandoned her but then was apparently a joy the rest of the time. And I only called once to check on her - aren't you proud? (don't ask how many times I called and there was no answer though...)

I took about 120 pictures and our software is not working properly so my apologies for some of the red eyes and bluriness on the photos. We had lots of fun getting to know my parents' friends better as well as their children and had a blast. Who knew my Dad had some dancing skills? And who knew Greg could sing like that (definitely not me!). Great times were had by all, except poor Matt who caught a bug on the trip.

Work is going well. So far I am just in training and have to complete an online course (while at work) before they will allow me into the courtroom on my own. So far I am petrified by the idea as Provincial runs at a much faster pace than Court of Appeal (where I used to work as a Judicial Admin Assistant) does so it's a little intimidating. Today was my first day in the courtroom job shadowing and it was very interesting. I'm sure I'll get a lot more out of it when I realize exactly what's going on, but in the meantime, things seem to be running smoothly.

Kaitlyn has adjusted to the sitter (a girl from our church until Rebecca is back on her feet after baby #3) so well. Krista (the sitter) cannot get over how easy she is and says it barely feels like she has another child for the day. She naps great and babbles and smiles all day. And the last two nights at home, she has been in bed before 9 and slept until past 7!!! Smiles all around in our home.

Anyway, here are a few pics from our trip. Enjoy!
Ryan getting ready for the lifeboat drill:
Leaving the Vancouver Harbour:
Dad showing off his moves while Greg (completely oblivious) sings and thinks the crowd is cheering for him:
The girls, Mrs. L, me, and Ellen (and half of Mom too!):
Ryan and I enjoying our dinner (and wine obviously too since my face matches my shirt):

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's true, it's true!!! Kaitlyn was an angel, (except the one night...) but even then she was so sweet as i rocked her in my arms!! Lucas just doesn't do that anymore. Glad you guys had an awesome time on your cruise!

AmberW said...

Oh it looks like you were having sooooo fun!! I like the pink cheeks Teresa... they look good on you;) Glad you are home, glad you are adjusting well to work, and glad that Kaitlyn is too!!!

cathy said...

Looks like a wonderful time away! You look beautiful in your photo!

Gorgeous in fact!

Glad everything is working out alright!