Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tired and Overwhelmed

This morning I called in sick for baby-sitting at bible study and felt guilty about it. I had good reason - Kaitlyn has been sick for the last couple of days and was up three times last night coughing so hard I thought she was going to throw up. She didn't even want to eat, just cuddle. Which meant I didn't get too much sleep. So this morning when it came time to get up and start our day, she was actually still sleeping. Wonderful sleep. I was not about to wake the beast so I called Rebecca and told her the situation. The more I explained it, the more upset I became. I just feel wiped. I have a tonne of laundry to do but absolutely no motivation to do it. Ryan walks in the door after a day full of work and wants to know what's for dinner. I don't care but whatever it is, I don't feel like cooking it. And the return to work date is coming closer and closer which also overwhelms me and doesn't help my mindframe. Juggling wife, mother and work? Am I nuts?? Maybe it's the weather or maybe I should have iron levels checked again. All I know is I'm just having one of those days...

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh girl you sound like I feel minus the work part! Karina and Derek have nasty colds and are "beasts" as well. Sleep HAH what is that!!!! Easier said than done but I TRY not to worry and to take it one day at a time .... each day has enough worries of its own!!! Coffee .... have one! and one day we'll have one or two or ten together! :)

Beth said...

Teresa: Try not to stress too much about going back to work. It may take a few weeks, but you'll get in a groove. This was definitely my issue with being a full-time working mom--not so much the guilt of not being with William all day, but the logistics of how I would be able to spend time with William and Ed, eat decent meals, maintain housework, and NOT GO INSANE! I haven't mastered it, but I'm trying to plan ahead when it comes to cooking, and now I cook at least 3 times a week. And we hired a cleaning service, which has made a big difference in the quality of weekends. And DH does his share, which makes a big difference. And I will admit, my standards for what I eat and how clean my house is have lowered just a little! There's still that darn laundry, though. It just doesn't go away on its own!!! At any rate, everything falls into place. In some ways, it's easier when you work because you have so little time that you naturally become more organized. Hang in there! And I hope Kaitlyn is on the mend soon.

Anonymous said...

HUGS girlie. You are one amazing mother, and it shows in Kaitlyn. Just like your friend Yvonne said, "one day at a time" 'cause that's all we can do. I too get those days of feeling overwhelmed, I'm positive every mother does. Through HIM all things are possible.
luv&hugs -your lil sis.