Friday, June 04, 2010

Things I Wish I Could Change

* Our financial situation. Living paycheque to paycheque sucks. It would be nice to find a money fairy to help us, but until then, we are making the best of it and working hard.

* Kaitlyn's picky eating habits. We try all sorts of different foods with her and it becomes a stand off. We lose. She is hungry. I feel bad and give her mac n cheese or a hot dog.

* Meagan's picky eating habits. She doesn't like a single "solid" food we've tried yet. Or the bottle, even when it's pumped milk inside. I need some more freedom, and some more sleep.

* Meagan's sleeping habits. Actually, I shouldn't complain too much. She nurses twice a night and falls asleep quickly after eating, which is pretty norm at this age for a nursing baby. But, added up, night after night, I'm exhausted. And her inability to sit still while nursing (except at night when she's half asleep) is a little overwhelming at times.

* Kaitlyn's confusion over where Grandpa is (he passed away from cancer before she was born). I've tried to explain it to her, but have obviously failed.

* Always thinking about my return to work date at the end of October instead of enjoying each day with my girls for what it is.

* The weather. Come on, it's June, not April. We need some sunshine. Good stretches of sunblock worthy sunshine.

* Not being able to jump on a plane and be with my Opa. And visit with my Oma to let her know we are all thinking of both of them and love them dearly.

There. Hopefully I will have a happier post soon. Just a lot of things on my brain tonight I needed to off-load.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Doulanic said...

HUGS to you Teresa. Sounds a bit overwhelming right now. Wishing you some peace and quiet and moments of reflection.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Phil 4: 6,7, 19

May you feel the peace of Christ tonight!

Beth said...

Hugs from me, too. I'm so sorry about your Opa--he's in my prayers. Hopefully you'll get a good spell of weather soon to help cheer you up. As for sleeping and picky eating--yeah, I'm with you. hat's stuff I definitely wish I could change. *Sigh*