Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thinking of Things...

There are a couple things that have been running through my head lately. Kaitlyn has had a persistent runny nose and dry cough for about 3 months at least. In addition, she has eyes that water daily, sometimes she has tears running down her face, and she's just sitting there. I'm beginning to think we should ask the doctor about a possible milk allergy. Considering both her parents were allergic as toddlers, this might be not a bad thing to check out. It also could explain why she's getting sick quite a bit lately... Any thoughts?

Also, there was a job posting in our area and I think I'm going to apply for it. It's not a lot more money, but would definitely be a good experience to go through the job competition process again, and if I did get it, would add to my diverse yet specialized career in the Ministry. Plus it would mean less overtime and I have the option of working a little bit longer each day but getting every third Monday or Friday off, which is a definite plus. But do I really want to put myself through the disappointment again? Yeah, I do. Call me a sucker ;)

Here are a couple pictures of our silly girl.

First - I was being really lazy this night and told Kaitlyn I wouldn't be giving her a bath. I turned away for about 2 minutes and found this when I returned. I guess she really really wanted a bath. It definitely is interesting and exciting that she understands almost everything now and is sometimes smarter than we give her credit for!



Here is Kaitlyn just being a goof and balancing a pillow on her head. The ways she finds to amuse herself are definitely amusing to us. Another cute thing she does lately is she hardly ever calls me "Mommy" anymore but it's usually "Mom". Guess she thinks she's not a baby anymore?

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think questioning the doctor about allergies isn't a bad idea ... worst case she isn't, best case all problems solved!!

About the job, DO IT!! Just don't expect anything ... good luck!

I love the pics ... they get so big so fast! Little smartie pants!!

Anonymous said...

I would take her to the doc, Christopher has the same thing every winter, I finally took him in and his nose was completely plugged. He has allergies of some type but the nose spray he got works wonderful.

Katherine