Thursday, April 03, 2008

Finally a Post... and another ear infection

I cannot believe it's been 2 months since I've posted. That really is horrible and I do apologize.

Things are moving along here. I've been struck with the flu and am feeling better, 10 pounds lighter (not quite the way to do it but I'll take it anyways!). Tomorrow I go to a Violence Prevention Seminar for work and am the designated driver so Ryan is out there vaccuuming the van as I type.

Kaitlyn woke up 2 mornings ago and I noticed some gross yellow stuff on her crib sheet. I didn't know what it was until she put her finger in her ear, held her finger out to me and said "see" and then I noticed the fluid draining from her ear. After speaking with someone from work, I grew concerned, and made an appointment for her with the doctor. Sure enough, ear infection and the yellow stuff is lovely puss. Gross. The doctor explained she would have a lot less pain with this ear infection compared to past ones since the puss doesn't build up, but drains outwards with the help of the tubes. A good thing I suppose!

Ryan is doing well with his new job as a security guard and they are very anxious to train him on more sites and upgrade his first aid so he'll get a raise and be more of an asset to them. He's definitely making a good impression and still looking forward to getting into the sheriff program, hopefully in August.

Anyways, off to make some dinner!

0 comments: