Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kaitlyn has Bronchitis

I feel pretty bad for having missed this one. Kaitlyn has had, what I thought, a dry cough for about a week. Yesterday she threw up after her nap and I'm not sure if she coughed so hard she threw up, or if there are other things going on. She was also running quite the fever yesterday but after giving her Tylenol, she seemed like her normal, happy self, even eating well, so we thought it was an isolated incident. This morning she woke up and sounded like she was wheezing and I was concerned. We decided that Ryan would go to church for the morning service, we would take her to the walk in clinic between services, and then I would go to church in the afternoon. Well, the walk in clinic on a Sunday is not the place to be apparently. When we walked in there were 5 kids Kaitlyn's age or younger, all sick, plus the sick adults too.

The doctor was very good and quite concerned as soon as he listened to her chest. Right away he said "oh, it's very moist in there". With no hesitation, he prescribed penicillin plus a puffer (which we also have to use the attached chamber for since we can't control when she will breathe in). We are to give her no non-prescribed drugs (cold meds) besides Tylenol and she is a little cranky. The first time we administered the puffer, she smiled and wanted more. The second time, she screamed the entire time and we had to hold her down to get her to inhale it. Hopefully things improve by Tuesday or she will be taken for a chest x-ray!

So that's our life right now - just thought I'd post an update in case my parents are checking up on us on their cruise. I'm not even sure where they are this time. What a bad daughter I am, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with their travel life. Hope you're having a good time and don't worry, I'll tape Amazing Race for you tonight.

0 comments: