Sunday, April 01, 2007

Kaitlyn's First Macaroni and Cheese

Kaitlyn's eating solids has been a struggle pretty much from day one. It was even so bad, I took her to the doctor's office where she was diagnosed as a picky eater with a high gag reflex. She would gag and vomit almost daily. The doctor's advice was try every baby food and see which ones she likes, and which she doesn't. I've been surprised at a few things she does like such as carrots. Just gobbled them up.

But today I decided to switch gears. I dug out a Gerber Little Entrees Mac and Cheese out of the cupboard which I thought I would be hanging onto until she was much older considering all the food failings we've been experiencing thus far. But I thought, why not? Let's try it. So I just let her go at it and she loved it. I will be trying to find more "people foods" and make them kid-friendly so she can eat with her hands. And yes, she had a bath afterwards.




5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Way to go Teresa ... just let go of all the "advice" and do what you think will work.

AmberW said...

Go Kaitlyn Go!!!! I am so happy that she found a good that she likes:) Kids these days... just so darn freaking picky.

Oh, I have a stubborn bottle now - do you have any advice because I too, refuse to take it out and wash it by hand!! lol

Beth said...

Look how happy Kaitlyn looks! I'm glad you finally found something that jives. William isn't much of an eater, either. I'm hoping that will change once he's off forumla. Keep us posted about what other "people" food she likes. I made turkey meatballs with ground turkey breast and William seems to love them. I just cut them up in small pieces. I'll give you the recipe if you want. (It's at home.) Glad you guys enjoyed the dirty rice!

Anonymous said...

YUM!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Kaitlyn! She looks like she's really enjoying the mac & cheese. Yum-o!