Saturday, April 04, 2009

Shopping

Well today turned into a bit of shopping day. Something I don't do a lot of as I hardly ever let myself spend money. Today the kids' swap meet was happening in town (only happens twice a year) so I figured I better go and check it out since Kaitlyn has about 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants that fit her right now, never mind summer is just around the corner. What I like about the swap meet is everyone takes only cash so if I take out a certain amount in the morning, I know that once it's gone, it's gone and I'm not allowed to take out more. I decided to be cheap and save the extra $2 and not hit the early bird entrance since I wasn't looking for any big ticket items which is basically what early bird is used for. I managed to hit some really great deals and get some really cute stuff, all within budget, most of it barely used and a lot of name brands - something I said didn't matter to me anymore but the price was right!

The best thing about this? I was petrified Kaitlyn would run off and be impossible to manage by myself. I brought the stroller along to pile the bags on and knew she wouldn't want to go in there so I took her "leash" along. But a wonderful thing happened when I took out the stroller - Kaitlyn wanted to sit in it! And she sat in it the entire time, drank her juice and ate her Cheerios like an angel!! I was so impressed with her. I guess she's not always "terrible 2"!

The dilemna I had before leaving the house was another sort though. Wearing jeans. I have a few "fat" jeans still in my drawer from before I lost my weight, but the problem with those is they are still falling down in my current condition. And my "skinny" jeans are okay except I can't do up the fly or button. So today I wore a longer shirt and left my fly open. Yeah, not that attractive. After the swap meet, I hit a couple consignment stores and found a great pair of maternity jeans that don't look like maternity jeans and are so comfy. So yes, I guess you can say I am hitting the maternity wear already. Sigh. Isn't it too early for this??

0 comments: